MOC 10985 - Introduction to SQL Databases
- Learn to describe key database concepts in the context of SQL Server 2016.
- Learn to describe database languages used in SQL Server 2016.
- Learn to describe data modelling techniques.
- Learn to describe normalization and denormalization techniques.
- Learn to describe relationship types and effects in database design.
- Learn to describe the effects of database design on performance.
- Learn to describe commonly used database objects.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
This Introduction to SQL Databases training class is aimed at people looking to move into a database role or whose job role is expanding to encompass database elements. The course describes fundamental database concepts including database types, database languages, and database designs.
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to relational databases
- Other types of database
- Data analysis
- Database languages in SQL Server
- Lab: Exploring and querying SQL Server databases
- Data Modelling
- Data modelling
- ANSI/SPARC database model
- Entity relationship modelling
- Lab: Identify components in entity relationship modellingAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
- • Understand the common data modelling techniques
- • Describe the ANSI/SPARC database model
- • Describe entity relationship modelling
- Fundamentals of Normalization
- Normal form
- Lab: Normalizing data
- Introduction to relationships
- Planning referential integrity
- Lab: Planning and implementing referential integrity
- Query performance
- Lab: Performance issues
- Database Objects
- Stored procedures, triggers and functions
- Lab: Using SQL server
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SQL Server class:
- This is a foundation level course and therefore only requires general computer literacy.
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors