MOC 10985 - Introduction to SQL Databases
This Introduction to SQL Databases training class is aimed at people looking to move into a database role or whose job role is expanding to encompass database elements. The course describes fundamental database concepts including database types, database languages, and database designs.
Microsoft Certified Partner
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). This class uses official Microsoft courseware and will be delivered by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
- Learn to describe key database concepts in the context of SQL Server 2016.
- Learn to describe database languages used in SQL Server 2016.
- Learn to describe data modelling techniques.
- Learn to describe normalization and denormalization techniques.
- Learn to describe relationship types and effects in database design.
- Learn to describe the effects of database design on performance.
- Learn to describe commonly used database objects.
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to relational databases
- Other types of database
- Data analysis
- Database languages in SQL Server
- Lab: Exploring and querying SQL Server databases
- Data Modelling
- Data modelling
- ANSI/SPARC database model
- Entity relationship modelling
- Lab: Identify components in entity relationship modellingAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
- • Understand the common data modelling techniques
- • Describe the ANSI/SPARC database model
- • Describe entity relationship modelling
- Fundamentals of Normalization
- Normal form
- Lab: Normalizing data
- Introduction to relationships
- Planning referential integrity
- Lab: Planning and implementing referential integrity
- Query performance
- Lab: Performance issues
- Database Objects
- Stored procedures, triggers and functions
- Lab: Using SQL server
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SQL Server class:
- This is a foundation level course and therefore only requires general computer literacy.