Building Reports with Report Builder 2016
- Understand datasources and create datasets.
- Create and format reports.
- Create, summarize, and sort groups.
- Add flexibility to the groups using parameters.
- Enhance data with charts and maps.
- Create custom expressions.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
In this Report Builder training class, students learn how to create, format, and customize SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services reports using the Report Builder tool. This class is geared toward business analysts and data consumers who need to be able to successfully create reports on a SQL Server Reporting Services server.
- SSRS Overview
- Reporting Services Features
- Tools Available with SQL Server 2016
- Authoring with Report Builder
- ClickOnce vs. Stand-alone (Optional)
- The Getting Started Dialog Box
- Data Sources and Datasets
- What is a Data Source?
- Shared verses Embedded Data Sources
- What is a Dataset?
- Creating Datasets
- Creating New Reports
- Using the Report Wizards
- Starting from the Blank Report Template
- What is Tablix?
- Creating a Tabular Report
- Creating a List Report
- What is a Matrix?
- Formatting Reports
- Working with Text Boxes
- Rich Text Formatting
- Managing Text Boxes
- Drawing Lines and Boxes
- Page Headers and Footers
- Adding a document map
- Rendering Reports
- Summarizing and Sorting
- Creating Groups
- Adding Totals and Aggregations
- Parent/Child vs. Adjacent Groupings
- Tablix Properties and Grouping Data
- Add Flexibility with Parameters
- Adding Parameters to a Report
- Report Parameters vs. Query Parameters
- Working with Cascading Parameters
- Manage Report Parameter Properties
- Use Parameters with SQL Queries and Stored Procedures
- Sort Based on a Parameter Setting
- Filtered Reports
- Enhanced Report Items
- Add a Map to a Report
- Data Bar, Indicator, and Sparkline Report Items
- Nesting Data Regions
- Subreports and Drillthrough Reports
- Working with Drillthrough Reports
- Custom Expressions
- Understanding Expressions
- Defining Expressions
- Working with Report Variables
- Understanding Lookup, LookupSet, and Multilookup Functions
- Expression Samples
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this SSRS class:
- General knowledge of database concepts including tables and fields.
- Be comfortable working in Microsoft Office.
Experience in the following would be useful for this SSRS class:
- Strong prior Excel experience is helpful but definitely not required.
Register for a Live Class
Request a Private Class
- Private Class for your Team
- Online or On-location
- Expert Instructors