CompTIA Security+ Certification Training
This CompTIA Security+ training class will build on students' knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security. Students will obtain the skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network and prepare candidates to take the CompTIA Security+ certification exam (Exam SY0-501).
- Identify the fundamental components of information security.
- Analyze risk.
- Identify various threats to information security.
- Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities.
- Implement security for hosts and software.
- Implement security for networks.
- Manage identity and access.
- Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization.
- Implement security at the operational level.
- Address security incidents.
- Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident.
- Identifying Security Fundamentals
- Identify Information Security Concepts
- Identify Basic Security Controls
- Identify Basic Authentication and Authorization Concepts
- Identify Basic Cryptography Concepts
- Analyzing Risk
- Analyze Organizational Risk
- Analyze the Business Impact of Risk
- Identifying Security Threats
- Identify Types of Attackers
- Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Identify Malware
- Identify Software-Based Threats
- Identify Network-Based Threats
- Identify Wireless Threats
- Identify Physical Threats
- Conducting Security Assessments
- Identify Vulnerabilities
- Assess Vulnerabilities
- Implement Penetration Testing
- Implementing Host and Software Security
- Implement Host Security
- Implement Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Implement Mobile Device Security
- Incorporate Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Implementing Network Security
- Configure Network Security Technologies
- Secure Network Design Elements
- Implement Secure Networking Protocols and Services
- Secure Wireless Traffic
- Managing Identity and Access
- Implement Identity and Access Management
- Configure Directory Services
- Configure Access Services
- Manage Accounts
- Implementing Cryptography
- Identify Advanced Cryptography Concepts
- Select Cryptographic Algorithms
- Configure a Public Key Infrastructure
- Enroll Certificates
- Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Revoke Certificates
- Implementing Operational Security
- Evaluate Security Frameworks and Guidelines
- Incorporate Documentation in Operational Security
- Implement Security Strategies
- Manage Data Security Processes
- Implement Physical Controls
- Addressing Security Incidents
- Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Respond to Security Incidents
- Investigate Security Incidents
- Ensuring Business Continuity
- Select Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this CompTIA class:
- Basic Windows skills
- Fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.