Configuring and Administering Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012
In this Configuring and Administering Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 training class, students learn to configure and administer Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012. Students will also be able to describe the High Availability features built into Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012.
This course is intended for Network Administrators who are responsible for virtualization in their environment.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Learn to describe Microsoft’s virtualization technologies.
- Learn to implement Hyper-V.
- Learn to design and Manage virtual machine storage solutions.
- Learn to design and Manage virtual networks.
- Learn to design the Hyper-V host architecture.
- Learn to design the virtual machine architecture.
- Learn to design a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Virtualization Infrastructure.
- Learn to describe and manage Hyper-V Snapshots.
- Learn to describe Hyper-V host and virtual machine high availability.
- Learn to describe storage options for Virtual Machines.
- Learn to describe the different types of virtual hard disks.
- Learn to describe the Hyper-V integration services.
- Learn to describe Live Migration.
- Learn to understand Storage Migration.
- Learn to understand Virtual Machine Import.
- Planning for Virtualization
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Assessment of Virtualization Candidates
- Planning for Virtualization
- Planning for the Hyper-V Server Role
- Assess the environment by using the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks
- Installing the Hyper-V Server Role
- Plan for Virtual Switch Configuration
- Configuring Virtual Networking
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks and Virtual Machines
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Machine Snapshots
- Virtual Machine Import
- Creating Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating New Virtual Machines
- Modifying Virtual Machine Settings
- Creating and Modifying Virtual Machine Snapshots
- Import Virtual Machines into Hyper-V
- Configure Networking in Hyper-V
- Advanced features of Virtual Network Adapters
- Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Hyper-V Extensible Switch
- Configure NIC Teaming
- Configure Advanced Network Settings
- Scale-up Virtual Machines
- Overview of Scale-up options in Windows Server 2012
- Non-uniform memory access (NUMA)
- Hyper-v Scale Comparison
- Planning for Hyper-V Scale
- Configuring NUMA
- Hyper-V Replica and Disaster Recovery
- Overview of Hyper-V Replica
- Configuring Hyper-V Replica
- Hyper-V Replica Failover Operations
- Hyper-V Backup
- Configure Hyper-V Replica
- Configure Hyper-V Backup and Recovery
- Hyper-V Migration
- Live Migration Overview
- Storage Migration Overview
- Live Migration Security
- Live Migration using SMB
- Configure a Failover Cluster for Hyper-V
- Configure a Highly Available Virtual Machine
- Configure Live Migration using SMB
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Hyper-V class:
- Deep understanding of Virtualization technologies.
- Prior experience with Hyper-V or other virtualization technologies.
- Previous storage configuration experience.
- Previous networking configuration experience.