Techie and User Leadership
- Learn how to motivate, manage, communicate, stimulate, and appreciate your staff.
- Gain insights into working with the business-user community.
- Understand the advantages and challenges when implementing new technologies.
The ability to motivate, communicate, stimulate, and appreciate your staff and user community is key to your success as a technical manager. This Techie and User Leadership training class discusses how to motivate your staff, manage key staff issues, and gain the support and trust of the users that your technology supports.
- Motivating Techies
- Techies Are People Too
- Not All Techies Are Alike
- Expanding Skill Sets
- Providing Mental Stimulation and Recognition of Work
- Managing Techies
- Hiring Contractors vs. New Employees
- Nightly Support Rotation
- Shifted Workday Schedules
- Managing Users
- Understanding Business Priorities
- Dealing with Contradictory IT Goals
- Technology Steering Committees
- Importance of Transparency and Project Reporting
- Implementing New Technologies
- Deciding What Technologies to Implement
- Introducing New Technologies
- The Positive and Negative Implication of Introducing New Technologies
- Managing Multiple Locations
- Managing Multi-location Staffs
- Managing Multi-country Staffs
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.