New IT Manager Essentials
- Understand important first line manager concepts, pitfalls, challenges.
- Gain awareness of communication responsibilities and techniques.
- Gain insights into manager level politics and important alliances.
This New IT Manager Essentials training class discusses the core set of personal traits, skills, and knowledge needed to be a great manager including communication skills, interpersonal skills, working with other managers, managing your former peers, dress code, supporting company policies and navigating office politics.
- Welcome to Management
- Caring about Your Group
- What Does Having Kids Have To do with It?
- The Importance of Good Judgment and Interpersonal Skills
- The Importance of Treating Your New Staff Members with Respect
- Management Realities
- Congratulations -- Now You Get to Manage Your Friends
- Dress Code
- The "Management Fish Tank
- Email-the Do's and Don'ts
- Other Managers Are Now Your Peers
- Communication Is King
- Acting as Chief Cheerleader for Your Department
- Communicating to Upper Management, Your Peers, and Your Staff
- Working with Corporate Finance and Human Resources
- User Politics
- Your Business Peers-Really Peers? o
- Getting Dotted Line Resources>
- Having a Dotted Line Manager
- Saying No to Your Business User
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.