Managing Performance Training
- Learn to manage employee's performance.
- Learn to create a performance plan.
- Learn to provide positive and constructive feedback.
- Learn to coach employees.
- Learn to appraise employee's performance.
- Learn to communicate performance problems to employees.
- Learn to document ongoing communication.
- Learn how to respond to a defensive employee.
- Learn how to resolve conflict in an appraisal discussion.
- Learn the laws governing the appraisal process.
This Managing Performance training course teaches students the basics of creating a performance plan and the appraisal process. Students will learn how to conduct a performance-planning meeting, document the performance plan, provide positive and constructive feedback, coach employees during the appraisal period, appraise employee's performance, conduct an appraisal discussion, and document an appraisal. Course activities also cover communicating performance problems to employees, making performance improvements, conducting a status meeting, and documenting ongoing communication. Students will also learn how to respond to a defensive employee, resolve conflict in an appraisal discussion, and understand the laws governing the appraisal process to reduce the risk of legal challenge.
- Understand performance management
- Performance management
- Performance management plan
- Job description
- Performance-planning meeting
- Understand performance-planning meeting
- Process for providing feedback
- Coaching employees
- Appraising employees' performance
- Performance appraisal process
- Gather appraisal materials
- Prepare for an appraisal discussion
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.