IT Funding and Cost Center Management
- Learn techniques to design, build, and monitor your budget.
- Gain knowledge of various IT funding and cost allocation methods.
- Learn tips to best utilize your IT budget for maximum effectiveness.
This IT Funding and Cost Center Management training class provides an introduction to the IT budgeting process. It is ideal for new managers who do not have a budgeting background, seasoned managers that have not had cost center responsibility, and/or anyone who does not have experience in corporate budgeting practices.
This class takes a very narrow view of IT budgeting. It specifically concentrates on the issues, responsibilities, and activities of cost center managers (that is, as a manager responsible for department expenses).
- Importance of Budgeting
- Importance to You, Your Company, Your Manager, and Your Peers
- Your Relationship with the Finance Department
- Components of Your Budget
- Budgeting Items When You Have No Control, Some Control, and Full Control
- Current Year Expenses vs. Capitalized Expenses
- Tools Used in the Budgeting Process
- IT Funding and Allocations
- Cost Allocations, Charge-backs, and Project Based Funding
- Cost-Center Based, Charge-back Based, and Profit-center Based Funding
- Budget Process
- Budget Timing
- Techniques for Forecasting Expenses for Following Years
- Budget vs. Actual Reporting throughout the Year
- Initial Budgets, Approved Budgets, Revised Forecasts, Revised Budgets, and Reporting
- Your IT Budget and ...
- Cloud Computing, Increased Video, Mobile Devices, Remote Working, and More
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.