IT as an Agent of Change
- Gain an understanding the role of IT in organizational growth and change.
- Gain knowledge of key industry change methodologies.
- Learn a conceptual perspective to induce change within IT and the company in general.
What are the volatile elements that cause change within IT? What can senior, middle, and first line managers do to help facilitate these changes in ways that are meaningful and can be successful for the company, the IT team and themselves?
This IT as an Agent of Change training class outlines what must be in place for change to occur and various informal and formal methodologies to help facilitate it, on both an individual basis and regarding the IT organization as a whole.
- Initial Thoughts and Vocabulary
- Role of an Entrepreneur
- Needed Change Management Skills
- The Change Management Process
- Emotional Stages of Change
- Agents of Change
- Proper Communication
- Formal Change Methodology
- Lewin's Three Stage Model of Change
- Kotter's Eight Step Change Model
- Conditions for Effective Change
- John Fisher's Personal Transition Curve
- Organizational Renewal
- Changing IT
- From Information Technology (IT) to Business Technology (BT)
- Organizational Realignment
- Legal and Regulatory
- Changing the Company
- Process Automation
- Thought Leadership
- Platform Replacement
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.