Introduction to QuickBooks Training
- Learn to navigate the QuickBooks workspace and become comfortable with using shortcuts, menus, and icons.
- Learn to start, backup, and restore company files.
- Learn how to add new accounts.
- Learn how to create new customers, vendors, service items, and inventory items.
- Learn about forms.
- Learn how to enter sales receipts, invoices, and credit memos.
- Learn how to enter credit card transactions.
- Learn the important QuickBooks features for entering and paying bills and running reports
This Introduction to QuickBooks training class covers the fundamentals of using QuickBooks. This class is suitable for students using 2007-2013 versions of QuickBooks.
NOTE: This class is geared for PC users only. Mac versions of the software are not supported in the training.
Note: This class is not appropriate for users of QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Enterprise.
Note: This course uses the U.S. version of QuickBooks, which applies U.S. tax laws.
- Discovering the QuickBooks Work Area
- Navigating QuickBooks
- Accounting Concepts and QuickBooks Terminology
- QuickBooks Help Features
- Creating New Company Files
- Setup Checklist
- Creating the Company File
- Historical Transactions
- Backing Up Company Files
- Opening and Closing QuickBooks
- Opening a Company File
- Closing a Company File
- Reopening QuickBooks
- Customizing the Company Files Setup
- Customizing the Chart of Accounts
- Adding a Credit Card Account
- Adding Customers
- Adding Vendors
- Adding Items
- Adding Inventory Items
- Adding Multiple Entries to a List
- Customer Center and Customer Transactions
- Exploring the Customer Center
- QuickBooks Sales Process
- Creating a Sales Receipt
- Creating an Invoice
- Customer Payments
- Undeposited Funds
- Credit Memos and Refunds
- Customer Center Tasks
- Other Features of the Customer Center
- Vendor Center and Purchases
- Exploring the Vendor Center
- Writing Checks vs Entering Bills
- Paying Bills
- Credit Card Transactions
- Vendor Reports
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.