IIBA BABOK Soft Skills Competency Training
This course can be delivered live online, at your offices, or at any other location.
As described in the Business Analyst Book of Knowledge (BABOK), there are several underlying soft skills competencies that support and enhance the practice of business analysis. This IIBA BABOK Soft Skills Competency Training class contains topics specifically selected to build the competencies needed to help ensure Business Analysts professional success.
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)
Webucator is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) approved by PMI® to issue professional development units (PDUs) for its project management training courses.
- Earn 14 pdus (professional development units) hours toward certification retention.
- Gain enhanced knowledge of the strategic thinking and planning process.
- Gain knowledge of a 7-step problem solving process.
- Increase client satisfaction through understanding of the SERVE consulting model.
- Expand your knowledge of leading-edge technologies, such as cloud computing, Internet of Things, and Digital Transformation.
- Heighten your ability to influence, communicate and work with your peers, IT counterparts and business partners.
Professional Development Units
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Organizational Thinking
- 6 Step Strategic Thinking Process
- 9 Step Strategic Planning Process
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- 7 Step Problem Solving Process
- Behavioral Characteristics
- Five Step SERVE Consulting Model
- "S" - Setting up a Relationship
- "E" - Establishing Needs
- "R" - Recommending Solutions
- "V" - Valuing Objections
- "E "- Executing - Next Steps
- Business Knowledge
- Leading Edge IT Technologies
- Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things
- Digital Transformation, etc.
- User Experience
- Product Quality
- Services Quality
- Documentation and Training Quality
- Multi-Channel Accessibility
- IT Thought Leadership
- The User Experience / Client Service Connection
- Internal Client Service Concepts
- Understanding Your Clients' Characteristics
- Being Proactive vs. Reactive
- Showing Service Ownership
- What Your Internal Clients Want
- Communication Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Why EQ, not EI?
- Self-Awareness and Self-Management
- Social Awareness and Relationship Management
- Question Types
- Closed, Open and High Yield
- Question Usages/Purposes
- Accuracy, Clarification, Completeness, Relevance, etc.
- Active Listening
- Repeating, Paraphrasing, Reflecting
- Eyes, Ears and Heart
- Interaction Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Initial Thoughts and Vocabulary
- The Typology of Conflict
- Types of Conflict
- The Conflict Spiral
- Quick Conflict Resolution Tips
- Interpersonal Ground Rules
- Nice Ways to Say "No"
- Using "How" and "What" Questions
- VASE, ERIC, and BEGIN
- Being an Agent of Change
- Changing People and Culture
- Making Change Succeed
- Commitment and Buy-In
- Four Phase Change Process
- Leadership without Authority
- Leadership Versus Management
- Managers Lead by Example
- Building Trust
- Delegating Without Control
- Expectations Setting
- Relationship Building
- Role of the Manager Leader
- Advocating Employee Ideas
- 10 Types of Leadership Styles
14 PMI® PDUs
Webucator is a Registered Education Provider approved by PMI® to issue 14 professional development units for the successful completion of this course.
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.