Data Quality and Governance
- Learn definitions of key quality data types and considerations.
- Understand data governance political and financial dynamics.
- Data Governance Group vision, mission, and organizational structure.
Data is the life blood of all organizations. Information Technology (IT) managers and individual contributors are the guardians of this data. As a result, IT must understand how data is collected, stored, distributed, used, and, in regard to this class, managed.
In this Data Quality and Governance training class, we will discuss the data quality requirements for different data types, the business, IT and vendor practices that help create bad data, processes to help identify bad data, and the management practices and data governance needed to help facilitate the distribution of quality information.
- Data Quality Requirements
- How Different Types of Data Require Different Levels of Quality
- Causes of Bad Data
- Data Problems Caused by Vendors
- Data Problems Caused by IT and System Architectures
- Identifying Bad Data
- Ways to Monitor and Identify Bad Data
- Data Health Check Philosophy and Practices
- Data Friendly Topologies
- Internal and External Data-friendly Topologies
- Modifying Existing Data Flows and Topologies
- Data Governance and Management
- Data Governance and Data Governance Group (DGG) Definitions
- Responsibilities, Location, Level, and Structure
- Challenges of Justifying a DGG
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.