- Understand conflict sources and dynamics in IT.
- Learn reasons for internal employee conflict.
- Gain working knowledge of key conflict-resolution strategies.
- Learn a life skill that has both personal and professional value.
Knowing how to recognize, understand, and intervene effectively in conflict situations is a critical career-enhancing skill.
This Conflict Resolution training class outlines the causes of conflict within the workplace in general, specific areas of contention within IT, strategies to deal with conflict, various suggestions designed to defuse tense situations, and a formalized conflict resolution process.
- Initial Thoughts and Vocabulary
- The Typology of Conflict
- Types of Conflict
- The Conflict Spiral
- Causes of Employee Conflict
- Conflict within IT
- Dealing with Conflicting Goals
- Confrontations over Limited Resources
- Conflict Strategies
- Rationale and Action
- Collaboration vs. Compromising
- Quick Conflict Resolution Tips
- Techniques to Establish Positive Dialog
- Defining a Workable Solution
- Dealing with and Defusing High Emotions
- The Conflict Resolution Process
- Seven-step Process
- Defining the Issues at Hand
- Preventing Future Conflicts
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.