CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training
This CompTIA PenTest+ training class is for intermediate-skills-level cybersecurity professionals who are tasked with hands-on penetration testing to identify, exploit, report, and manage vulnerabilities on a network.
This course is also designed for individuals who are preparing to take the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam PT0-001, or who plan to use PenTest+ as the foundation for more advanced security certifications or career roles. Individuals seeking this certification should have three to four years of hands-on experience performing penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, and vulnerability management.
CompTIA Authorized Partner
Webucator is a CompTIA Authorized Partner. Our CompTIA courses use CompTIA-approved learning materials and are delivered by CompTIA-certified instructors.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Plan and scope penetration tests.
- Conduct passive reconnaissance.
- Perform non-technical tests to gather information.
- Conduct active reconnaissance.
- Analyze vulnerabilities.
- Penetrate networks.
- Exploit host-based vulnerabilities.
- Test applications.
- Complete post-exploit tasks.
- Analyze and report pen test results.
- Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Introduction to Penetration Testing Concepts
- Plan a Pen Test Engagement
- Scope and Negotiate a Pen Test Engagement
- Prepare for a Pen Test Engagement
- Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
- Gather Background Information
- Prepare Background Findings for Next Steps
- Performing Non-Technical Tests
- Perform Social Engineering Tests
- Perform Physical Security Tests on Facilities
- Conducting Active Reconnaissance
- Scan Networks
- Enumerate Targets
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Basic Scripts
- Analyzing Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Leverage Information to Prepare for Exploitation
- Penetrating Networks
- Exploit Network-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Wireless and RF-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Specialized Systems
- Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Windows-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit *nix-Based Vulnerabilities
- Testing Applications
- Exploit Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Test Source Code and Compiled Apps
- Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
- Use Lateral Movement Techniques
- Use Persistence Techniques
- Use Anti-Forensics Techniques
- Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results
- Analyze Pen Test Data
- Develop Recommendations for Mitigation Strategies
- Write and Handle Reports
- Conduct Post-Report-Delivery Activities
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this CompTIA class:
- Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies.
- Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments.