CompTIA Linux+ Certification Training
This CompTIA Linux+ Certification (XK0-004) training class teaches the essential skills and information needed to manage servers and other devices running the Linux operating system and prepare candidates to take the CompTIA Linux+ certification exam (XK0-004).
CompTIA Authorized Partner
Webucator is a CompTIA Authorized Partner. Our CompTIA courses use CompTIA-approved learning materials and are delivered by CompTIA-certified instructors.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Perform basic Linux tasks.
- Manage users and groups.
- Manage permissions and ownership.
- Manage storage.
- Manage files and directories.
- Manage kernel modules.
- Manage the Linux boot process.
- Manage system components.
- Manage devices.
- Manage networking.
- Manage packages and software.
- Secure Linux systems.
- Write and execute Bash shell scripts.
- Automate tasks.
- Plan and perform a Linux installation.
- Performing Basic Linux Tasks
- Identify the Linux Design Philosophy
- Enter Shell Commands
- Get Help with Linux
- Managing Users and Groups
- Assume Superuser Privileges
- Create, Modify, and Delete Users
- Create, Modify, and Delete Groups
- Query Users and Groups
- Configure Account Profiles
- Managing Permissions and Ownership
- Modify File and Directory Permissions
- Modify File and Directory Ownership
- Configure Special Permissions and Attributes
- Troubleshoot Permissions Issues
- Managing Storage
- Create Partitions
- Manage Logical Volumes
- Mount File Systems
- Manage File Systems
- Navigate the Linux Directory Structure
- Troubleshoot Storage Issues
- Managing Files and Directories
- Create and Edit Text Files
- Search for Files
- Perform Operations on Files and Directories
- Process Text Files
- Manipulate File Output
- Managing Kernel Modules
- Explore the Linux Kernel
- Install and Configure Kernel Modules
- Monitor Kernel Modules
- Managing the Linux Boot Process
- Configure Linux Boot Components
- Configure GRUB 2
- Managing System Components
- Configure Localization Options
- Configure GUIs
- Manage Services
- Troubleshoot Process Issues
- Troubleshoot CPU and Memory Issues
- Managing Devices
- Identify the Types of Linux Devices
- Configure Devices
- Monitor Devices
- Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
- Managing Networking
- Identify TCP/IP Fundamentals
- Identify Linux Server Roles
- Connect to a Network
- Configure DHCP and DNS Client Services
- Configure Cloud and Virtualization Technologies
- Troubleshoot Networking Issues
- Managing Packages and Software
- Identify Package Managers
- Manage RPM Packages with YUM
- Manage Debian Packages with APT
- Configure Repositories
- Acquire Software
- Build Software from Source Code
- Troubleshoot Software Dependency Issues
- Securing Linux Systems
- Implement Cybersecurity Best Practices
- Implement Identity and Access Management Methods
- Configure SELinux or AppArmor
- Configure Firewalls
- Implement Logging Services
- Back Up, Restore, and Verify Data
- Working with Bash Scripts
- Customize the Bash Shell Environment
- Identify Scripting and Programming Fundamentals
- Write and Execute a Simple Bash Script
- Incorporate Control Statements in Bash Scripts
- Automating Tasks
- Schedule Jobs
- Implement Version Control Using Git
- Identify Orchestration Concepts
- Installing Linux
- Prepare for Linux Installation
- Perform the Installation
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following would be useful for this CompTIA class:
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites: