Bench Strength and IT Resiliency
- Learn techniques to effectively manage, motivate, and lead knowledge workers.
- Learn time management, productivity, and prioritization tools and techniques.
- Learn philosophies for hiring, delegation, goal setting, and process measurement.
IT Management Bench Strength refers to the ability and readiness of potential successors to move into key leadership positions as IT grows, takes on new initiatives, moves toward new technologies, and/or restructures to meet business needs.
This Bench Strength and IT Resiliency training class covers various methods, techniques, and processes to maximize your organization's management bench in ways that provide the competency and resiliency to take on the intense business challenges we face today.
- Initial Thoughts and Vocabulary
- Bench Strength vs. Succession Planning
- Types of Required IT Management Bench Strength
- Advantages and Challenges of Growing Your Bench
- Building Your Bench
- Building Strength Internally vs. Externally
- Succession Planning
- Delegation and Skill Enhancement
- Strategic Job Placement
- Job Rotation
- IT Manager On-boarding
- Creating Support Networks
- Other Related Topics and Actions
- Formal and Informal Training
- Maximizing Your Training Budget
- Hard Skill vs. Soft Skill Debate
- Job-Level-Based Training Programs
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.