All About Blogging
In this blogging class, students will learn just that: all about blogging and how to acquire the skills and habits to become a successful blogger.
Each student will get a copy of Born to Blog: Building Your Blog for Personal and Business Success One Post at a Time, which serves as a guide for this course.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Learn the common traits of successful bloggers.
- Learn how blog writing differs from other types of writing.
- Learn the steps to consider when blogging.
- Learn about the benefits of blogging for your business.
- Learn how to maintain a blogging plan long term.
- Learn tips for attracting readers to your blog.
- Learn how to work with blog contributors.
- Learn how to monetize your blog.
- Learn how to troubleshoot your blog.
- The Common Traits of Successful Bloggers
- Focus on Your Passions
- You're Not a Writer, You're a Blogger
- Find Your Voice
- Blog Upside Down
- Keep it Short
- Hoist a Hearty Headline
- Have the Courage to be Imperfect
- Don't Just Write, Rewrite
- Entertain Me
- Yes – YOU Can Blog
- Skill 1: Dreaming
- Skill 2: Storytelling
- Skill 3: Persuading
- Skill 4: Teaching
- Skill 5: Curation
- Discovering Your Blogging Skills
- Born to Blog Skills Quiz
- Understanding Your Skills
- Why Your Business Should Blog
- The Business Benefits of Blogging
- The Blogging Three Stooges
- Corporate Blogging's Most Common Questions
- Who Owns the Blog?
- How Do I Measure the Success of My Blog?
- How Do I Develop a Content Plan?
- How Often Should We Blog?
- Do I Write Myself or Outsource?
- We Are Already Busy, How Do We Find the Time to Blog?
- What Happens if We Get Negative Comments?
- The Minimum Viable Blog
- Lean Thinking
- Rapid Testing and Iteration
- Minimum Viable Blueprint
- Unblocking Content
- Identity Content
- People Content
- Bread and Butter Content
- Attracting Readers
- Give Away Your Best
- Add Your Blog to Your Current Marketing Efforts
- Contribute to Other Publications
- Get Active on Your Reader's Social Channels
- Use Savvy, Simple SEO
- Host Guest Bloggers
- Join and sponsor Conversations
- Reward Your Readers
- Attracting and Nurturing Blog Contributors
- How Can You Spot a Star Blog Contributor?
- Blogger Coaching
- Making Your Blog Pay
- Four Ways to Turn Readers into Customers
- Blog Monetization Rules of Thumb
- Front-End Versus Back-End Monetization
- Rocks in the Road
- Your Lawyer is Waiting
- Deadline, What Deadline?
- You Aren't Getting Any Comments
- You Aren't Getting Any Readers
- You Have Run Out of Things You Want to Write About
- Your Blog Has Strayed
- Management Wants to Know the ROI of the Blog
- Breaking Through With a Personal Blog
- Objectives of Personal Blogs
- Your Blog's Style
- Perfect is the Enemy of Good
- Picking the Best Blogging Platform
- Blog Setup Checklist
- Blogging Habits
- Habit 1: Write Every Day
- Habit 2: Master Your Subject
- Habit 3: Ignite Conversation
- Habit 4: Building Your Support Team
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.