Agile Scrum Master Soft Skills Training
By their nature, Agile/Scrum-driven projects require a high level of interpersonal communication, teamwork, problem solving, decision making, and other related business and soft skills. Additionally, those in the Scrum Master roles require additional specialized skills including leadership, managing change, conflict resolution, influence, client service and more.
This two-day, customizable Agile Scrum Master Soft Skills Training training class is designed to give Scrum Masters the soft skills needed to maximize their effectiveness and enhance project success.
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)
Webucator is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) approved by PMI® to issue professional development units (PDUs) for its project management training courses.
Public Classes: Delivered live online via WebEx and guaranteed to run . Join from anywhere!
Private Classes: Delivered at your offices , or any other location of your choice.
- Learn how to lead with authority.
- Learn about change management.
- Learn to define and assess the user experience.
- Learn how to manage client service and conflict resolution.
- Learn advanced leadership concepts.
Professional Development Units
- Leadership without Authority
- Initial Thoughts and Vocabulary
- Types of Respect
- Barriers to Influence
- Leading Influence Concepts and Techniques
- Cialdini's Six Principles of Influence
- Cohen-Bradford Influent Model
- Understanding Yourself and Others
- The Johari Window
- Merrill & Reid Social Styles
- Maximizing Your Personal Power
- 12 Ways That Position You to Influence Others
- Being an Agent of Change
- Changing People and Culture
- Role of an Entrepreneur
- Needed Change Management Skills
- The Change Management Process
- Emotional Stages of Change
- Agents of Change
- Proper Communication
- Making Change Succeed
- Commitment and Buy-In
- Four Phase Change Process
- User Experience
- Product Quality
- Services Quality
- Documentation and Training Quality
- Multi-Channel Accessibility
- IT Thought Leadership
- The User Experience / Client Service Connection
- Great Internal Client Service
- Understanding Your Clients' Characteristics
- Being Proactive vs. Reactive
- Showing Service Ownership
- What Your Internal Clients Want
- Importance of Communicating Project Status
- Communicating with Your Client Leadership
- Conflict Resolution
- Initial Thoughts and Vocabulary
- The Typology of Conflict
- Types of Conflict
- The Conflict Spiral
- Quick Conflict Resolution Tips
- Interpersonal Ground Rules
- Nice Ways to Say “No”
- Using "How" and "What" questions
- VASE, ERIC, and BEGIN
- Using Emotional Maturity
- Body Language Queues and Concepts
- Leadership Concepts
- Thoughts on Leadership
- Leadership Versus Management
- Managers Lead by Example
- Building Trust
- Delegating Without Control
- Expectations Setting
- Relationship Building
- Role of the Manager Leader
- Advocating Employee Ideas
- 10 Types of Leadership Styles
- Servant Leadership
- Key Characteristics
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Consistency with the Scrum Master Role
14 PMI® PDUs
Webucator is a Registered Education Provider approved by PMI® to issue 14 professional development units for the successful completion of this course.
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.