How to Change the Home Directory for IPython Notebook
Dec 7, 2015
You used to be able to change the default (i.e., Home) directory in IPython Notebook on Windows by setting the c.NotebookApp.notebook_dir property in ipython_notebook_config.py, but that doesn’t appear to be working anymore. The workaround I found was to create a batch file and pin it to the Windows taskbar. Here’s how:
- Navigate to folder in which you want to store your notebooks.
- Create a new file with the following contents:
- Save the file as ipnb.exe.
- Right-click on the file and select Pin to taskbar.
- Rename the file ipnb.bat.
- Right-click on the icon in the taskbar and select Properties.
- Change the extension in the extension of the Target to “bat” so it matches the renamed batch file.
Related Training: Advanced Python