5 Quick Twitter Tips for Newbies
Mar 31, 2010
- Create your profile with an image. Nobody follows people who look like one of these:
- Create a Twitter background.
- Provide links. For example, don’t just tweet “Adobe CS5 will be release soon! Yay!” Add a URL where people can get more info.
- Because URLs are long, you need a URL Shortener.
- If you use Firefox, get this URLShortener plugin.
- If you use TweetDeck, you can have it automatically shorten your URLs.
- Otherwise, you can shorten your URLs at http://bit.ly.
- When replying to a tweet, start with the twitterer’s handle (e.g, @natdunn,…) and provide some context about the original tweet, especially if your reply isn’t immediate.